Last updated: 01/01/2020
This website: The Artists Index Website Project operates https://theartistsindex.com, heretofore known as the Site – AKA The Artists Index and/or Southcoast Artists Index. The Site provides a service to you by allowing the free or controlled (membership) access to it and its contents as part of its practice.
We thank you for entrusting The Artists Index with your projects, and your personal information. Holding on to your private information is a serious responsibility, and we want you to know how we’re handling it. We are located at 302 Bolton Street, Suite 311 in New Bedford, MA 02744. Our mailing address is 651 Orchard, Suite 311 in New Bedford, MA 02744. Our phone number is 508-990-0438. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Site & Use Policies – This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use – What personal data we collect and why we collect it. While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information
that can be used to contact or identify you. What is personally identifiable information? The Artists Index collects information directly from you for your registration, payment, transactions, and user profile. We also automatically collect from you your usage information, cookies, and similar technologies, and device information, subject, where necessary, to your consent.
The Artists Index may also collect User Personal Information (personally identifiable) from third parties. We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary from you, unless you choose to provide more. We don’t knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we don’t collect Sensitive Personal Information such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation shall be prohibited. It may include but is not limited to your name (“User Personal Information“) such as:
- Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact Forms – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Cookies – If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Log Data or Data Logging – Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze and use analytics or tracking services in websites or apps, like Google Analytics. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and, other information that keep you informed of new features, additional attributes or, changes to original policies via email or other methods.
- Who we share your data with – If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- How long we retain your data – For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What rights you have over your data – If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Where we send your data – Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Your contact information
- Additional information
- How we protect your data
- What data breach procedures we have in place
- What third parties we receive data from
- What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
- Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Cookies – Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Security – The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.